Become a Member
Who We Are:
If you're looking for an opportunity to make a difference in people's lives, consider a career with the Hardee County Sheriff's Office!
You'll have a chance to learn and grow; we're looking for individuals with a diverse background who are inquisitive, intelligent and imaginative.
Persons applying for any listed position:
Come to the Hardee County Sheriff's Office to pick up an application, download one from our free mobile app, or download it here.
Applications may be picked up Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To submit an application:
Come to the sheriff's office and devote an hour of your time to go over the application with our Human Resources Division. Bring all original documents with you.
Applications may be submitted Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Appointments to submit an application are encouraged, but not required.
For more information, contact the Hardee County Sheriff's Office Human Resources Division at
(863) 773-0304 ext. 223.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- 19 years of age or older
- Citizen of the United States - Sworn Positions Only
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Never been dishonorably discharged from any of the Armed Forces of the United States
- Valid Florida driver's license
- No felony or misdemeanor involving perjury or false statement
- No misdemeanor after the age of 25
- Complete commission-approved basic recruit training for law enforcement
- Polygraph examination
- Background investigation
- Physical examination
- Psychological examination
- Pass a drug screen
- Pass a physical ability test
- Be of good moral character
Select a position title to view more information.
Part Time Crossing Guard
Control Room Operator