Home > INFORMATION > Youth Services
The Hardee County Sheriff's Office is dedicated to forming programs designed to educate and develop positive behavioral skills in young people. Below are some of the programs offered and/or sponsored by the Hardee County Sheriff's Office.
Florida Sheriff's Youth Ranches
Hardee County Sheriff's Office Explorer Post 400 Program
FLORIDA SHERIFF'S YOUTH RANCHES SUMMER CAMP
The Hardee County Sheriff's Office is seeking economically disadvantaged youth between the ages of 10 and 15 to attend Summer Camp at the Florida Sheriffs Youth Ranch. FSYR strives to provide a wholesome atmosphere and positive camping experience for deserving boys and girls.
Camp Objectives: Provide campers with opportunities to try new activities, learn new skills and make new friends.
Allow campers to interact with law enforcement officers in a positive manner and learn that "Law Officers are Your Friends".
Teach campers valuable teamwork skills through group living, group decision making and group building activities.
If you have additional questions, please contact Deputy Daniel Gibson at 863-773-3181 ext 266 or email him at email@example.com Space is limited and will be offered on a first come first serve basis. Youth who have previously attended camp will be placed on a waiting list and considered for camp attendace after May 1st.
Please review the application process instructions as certain documents are required prior to completing a summer camp application.
1. Have a physician complete the Summer Camp Medical Report (SCMP). You may substitute the SCMP with a current school/sports physical signed by a physcian. Current school/sports physicals are those which were preformed after June 22, 2012.
2. Obtain a current pasport type photograph of the child. Photographs should be no larger than 2.5 in. W X 3 in. H.
YOU MUST HAVE A COMPLETED SUMMER CAMP MEDICAL REPORT OR SUBSTITUTE SCHOOL/SPORTS PHYSICAL AND CURRENT PHOTOGRAPH OF THE CHILD IN ORDER TO COMPLETE A SUMMER CAMP APPLICATION. (DOWNLOAD FROM LINK BELOW)
3. Contact Dep. Daniel Gibson Monday - Friday from 8:30 am - 2:30 pm (except for school holidays) at 863-773-3181 ext. 266 or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, to arrange time to complete the Florida Sheriff's Youth Ranches Summer Camp Application.
* You must bring the completed Summer Camp Medical Report or substitute school/sports physical, and photograph.
* All applications must be completed by the parent/legal guardian.
* Current government issued photo identificaiton for the parent/legal guardian completing the application is required.
A criminal history/background check may be conducted on applicants, which may include accessing/reviewing Florida Crime Information Center (FCIC) records and/or National Crime Information Center (NCIC) records.
You may email questions to Deputy Daniel Gibon at email@example.com.
Medical Report Form Download